Does All Your Businesses’ Knowledge Live In Your Head? Read This.
This is one of the most common reasons a client hires us. In most situations, companies have experienced a massive growth spurt or recently transitioned the company to new leadership. While you’re busy leading the company to new heights…. What about all of the priceless knowledge that helped you get there?
Say you own a growing chain of make-your-own ice cream sundae shops. You just opened up your third location, and are looking into franchising opportunities. You brought on a few new team members to head up this new venture, but want to ensure you don’t miss the critical elements of what makes your organization so unique!
This is what it looks like:
- Your company’s mode of operandi: How do the lights get turned on? How do the bills get paid? Who takes care of those responsibilities?
- Disaster planning: You may be thinking “Disaster? Seriously?” Well, we did all just live through a one-of-a-kind global pandemic. They happen more frequently than you may think. It’s likely your organization will face some sort of disaster or emergency scenario, and making sure your organization is well prepared is the best way to bounce back.
- Company history: How did the organization come to be? What was that beautiful a-ha moment that turned into your goods and services? How did you capture that magic in a bottle?
- Compliance: What about your legal documentation? How-to update and reapply for permits, or re-up on the lease?
Here’s the solution:
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Process maps.
- Roles and responsibilities.
- Playbooks and manuals.
- ….and 25 other relevant supporting documents!
If your business’ knowledge lives in your head (we’re looking at you, entrepreneurs), now’s the time to document your business processes and procedures with us so you can enjoy the great heights your business has reached with the relief that you’ve got what it takes to deal with anything that lies ahead.